3 Reals. Hmmm, the title says it all, but what are they? Take a moment and guess. We live with them actually and they are part of us. A Real friend, Real love, Real life. Do we have them? One will appear later in life for some people but one might also seem unattainable and the other might seem so easy to find. Surprisingly they have one thing in common. They are difficult to find. Let’s learn about the first one
What’s a real friend? Someone who brings the best in you. One who is always there for you even in turbulent times. They are like brothers to us. Such ones are real friends. The problem is they are hard to find. So how can you find them? Here are some tips on what to look for:
- Look on the inside, not the outside. Appearance is deceitful, so look inside for a friend who forgives, one who you can trust and one who doesn’t hold a grudge.
- Look outside your comfort zone and spread out. It is difficult but true. Don’t just settle for a clone of yourself, age mate or culture type. Branch out. Potential friends could have what you don’t have, they could be older, younger and of a different background or culture.
- Choose smart friends not just book smart but smart in life. They make us better persons in life.
Okay here is what to watch out for
- Watch out for toxic friends. Friends who take advantage of you, talk behind you and hold grudges are toxic. They care about themselves and what to get from you. They tear you down because of the way you talk, your looks, your status or even your beliefs. You deserve better than that.
How to do it
- Don’t limit yourself and don’t wait for others to approach you. Reach out and take the first step. Start a good conversation. Talk about something not just about yourself and desires but ask questions and listen. Listening is very essential in friendship.
- Take an interest in others not just about yourself. Show care and be nice even in tough times. Friendship is about that too.
- In addition, you have to be loyal. It is the core of friendship. Don’t be a cheat but show support and be trustworthy.
- Self-sacrifice is another foundation of friendship, so don’t always be on the receiving end. Give out some time, energy and resources.
We make a whole lot of friends in life so real friends might seem easy to find but they are not. Remember that one good friend is better than a hundred fake ones. Choose real friends.
Keep update on this blog for more.
Oops did I say love or real love? I meant to say real love but what actually is love? Love could be a strong whole-souled and wholehearted affection for something or someone. How does it come about? Freely or forcefully? When it comes out freely then it is Real Love. Here are few tips about real love:
- Real Love is patient and kind allowing space for mistakes and readjusting for peace.
- Real Love does not brag or get puffed up. Actually, only puffer fishes get swollen and puffed up. Be meek and quit boasting. Don’t be like a puffer fish.
- Real Love does not look for its own interest. The selfish way of ‘me first me always’ attitude. Learn to sacrifice.
- Real Love does not get provoked. Harsh words, stern looks, and outbursts sometimes could be avoided. Be open minded, try to think about the consequence of your anger and the reason why such a situation happened.
- Real Love does not keep account of injury. Flush out painful and unpleasant memories and mistakes. It might be like starting on a new page. Erase and let them go.
- Finally, Real Love bears all things, hopes all things and endures all things. When calamity strikes, are you ready to stay on in the bond or run to a new one? What if calamity strikes there too? Then you will keep running each time. Hope and endure all things together and you will find the greatest joy in it.
We have a broad spectrum of life so don’t just feel stuck up. Take your time and look intently around and find what really makes you happy. I’m out, see you soon and keep update on this page.