- Dear Wisdom,
- You gave mankind freedom
- So that he can praise your Kingdom
- But rather he establishes Gomorrah and Sodom
- Then he chooses rebeldom
- Which ignites the day of his doom.
- Oh dear Wisdom, free man from freedom
- Since his freedom is leading him to doom.
- Oh Mankind, run from freedom to Wisdom
- Then see how his mercy blossoms.
- As the appointed hour looms
- Mankind’s freedom glooms
- For he neglects the greatest ransom
- And trails the serpent’s venom
- Then he abandons the Word for his own custom.
- Afterward, he claims to have seen visions and phantoms
- When indeed the truth lies at the bottom.
- Oh dear Wisdom, take charge of mankind’s freedom
- Since his freedom is unfreedom and rebeldom.
By Tay Young Tsatsu
*wisdom here is personified. Related devices are used for serpent and venom.
*free is used in the heading as a verb, not an adjective.